Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Writing

Now that everything is basically settled (save for a few details with regard to my classes), I have started back up the writing project I've been working on for a year or so. I've gotten a bit behind on the project, what with the last four months being a tremendous whirlwind. So I pledged to my coauthor that I'm going to buckle down and get myself caught up. I think I'll find it easier to get caught up even with a full-time teaching load. The simple reason is that my job and my writing pursuits are now in harmony. When I was working in banking, I didn't have any time during the day to write. And even when business got slow, by the time I got my mind right for writing my responsibilities to my employer would represent themselves (that first "e" is long, just for clarification). So now, even though I'll be just as busy in a teaching job as I was in my bank job (and probably more so, to be honest), I will have time during the day to work on writing projects, both scholarly and otherwise, and the mental retooling process will no longer be necessary.

2 comments:

Living on an Alternate Plane of Reality said...

So what are you writing about?

Mitchel said...

I'm coauthoring a commentary on the book of Jeremiah, and I always have forty-seven (at least) other projects swimming around in my head. ADD and all... :-)