Tuesday, June 10, 2008

T-minus five days

A second is a second, a minute a minute, an hour an hour, and so forth, but sometimes it seems like time moves faster or slower depending on whether you are or are not looking forward to something. Me? I am definitely looking forward to something!

And here's another way time seems to march differently than it really does. My flight from Seattle to Taipei (leg two of three) takes, on the clock, 27 hours, 10 minutes (1:10 AM June 16th-5:20 AM June 17th). But the stated flight time is 13 hours, 10 minutes. I know it has to do with the position on the globe and time zones and crossing over the international date line and all of that, but I still think it's pretty cool.

I've gotten most of the details straightened out for my trip. The shipment of books and other household goods is leaving from Nashville on June 16th, and even though it leaves during my trip, it will not arrive until long after I do--another way time moves differently depending on your perspective. I've spent some time packing and saying goodbye to family throughout Idaho, but at the end of the day (another time reference) even though the time is very short before my departure, it still hasn't quite hit me...

No comments: