Sunday, November 30, 2008

Post # 100--Anticlimactic, anyone?

I don't have anything in particular to say at the moment. I just wanted to get post# 100 of this blog published before the end of November.

I've been sick today. Not violently sick, but just the standard rot: flushed face, body aches, sore throat. I'm working on my second round of hot tea; perhaps that will help me. Moan. Even writing about it sounds overwhelming pathetic. But I am also dealing with the post-NaNoWriMo letdown. It's not exactly like postpartum depression, but not exactly unlike it, either. Focusing all of my creative energies--indeed, almost all of my energies--into such a truncated exercise inevitably results in deflation after it is over, even if, as in my case, one has succeeded in the challenge one set before oneself. Blech. I do not really feel like doing anything serious right now, which is perhaps a good indication that I shouldn't do anything serious right now.

No comments: