Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The first day II

Sitting here eating some stew with buttered bread and a cup of water, I thought it a good idea to take stock of this day. Today was the first day of class in the second semester. I now have a full schedule, meaning three subjects, this semester, and so it promises to be an even busier time than last semester, if such can be imagined. Thankfully I have reduced my number of open writing projects to two from four, with a third proposal still in evaluation by a program committee.

And, once again, I have very large class sizes. The Historical Books course was 9, then it was 8, now it is 10. Old Testament Theology was 11 after preregistration, and now it is 14. But Doctrine of Holiness, the keystone course for the seminary, the one that makes me the most nervous upon recognizing my own inadequacy, has 32 students. It was after preregistration set at 23, then leapt 8 more following registration week last week (amongst all the silver anniversary celebration), and now one more was added this afternoon. WOW. That course meets for the first time tomorrow, at the wonderful hour of 7:30. It seems strangely appropriate for a theology course to be that early in the morning. We will see how it goes. Pray for me, eh?

I also found out that my good friend and colleague has received the invitation letter from the Wesleyan Theological Society to use in his visa application. Now we just have to find the money for his visa interview at the US Embassy, plus funds to cover his trip. That's another prayer request, kids.

Anyway, back to it...I'm going to work on some writing tonight, mainly nearing the end of NaNoWriMo. As of now, I am just over 46,000 words, just 3828 to the end. And the end is Saturday, November 30. It's been fun, and though in retrospect I probably should not have taken the month to work on a straight creative project, I do not regret having done so.

No comments: