Monday, September 22, 2008

Scriptures read for class devotions: Week 12

I confess. I've quit reading the Hebrew even before the end of the first semester like I promised in the last post. It just seemed pedantic, especially toward the end of the semester when less and less people are there right as class begins. I've even stopped being worried about duplicating a particular reading in class or trying to fit the Scripture chosen to the topic of the lecture that day. The former is a good thing, because I needn't worry about such simple things, but the latter is somewhat more serious because it may tend toward eisegesis or at least a rather contorted interpretation. But, in any event, here are the English-only biblical texts read in class this past week:

Intro to Old Testament:
9/16 Ezekiel 37:1-14
9/18 Micah 6:6-8

Pentateuch:
9/16 Numbers 6:22-27
9/18 Numbers 9:15-9:23

No comments: