Sunday, January 25, 2009

Inter-Seminary Sports Fest

I was defeated. Soundly. Once again, on the chessboard, I made some silly blunders upon which my opponent capitalized, and I very quickly found myself on the losing end of the proposition. The tournament was a team format, with school A pitting three players against school B, and the school with the greater number of wins advancing on. In the two matches we played, we only won two games. Our best player won both his games, while I and the third player were both sorely overmatched. Because of one team's default, however, we had a chance to get into the finals with a win in the second match. But my performance in the second game was even more dismal than the first; I was checkmated in less than thirty moves. And then I came home and tried to console myself through some online chess victories, only to see myself make several more key blunders and lose a number of them in a row. Maybe I just need to quit playing for a while. It's not like I don't have a lot to do...

No comments: