Thursday, January 22, 2009

How many ways can you say I've got a lot to do?

Under the gun, behind the eight ball, long way to go and a short time to get there...

Let's see:
  1. I'm writing a paper for a conference here in Manila next month.
  2. I'm writing a paper for a conference in Indiana in March.
  3. I'm editing a book manuscript due at the end of June.
  4. I'm editing a book manuscript due at the beginning of August.
  5. I'm thinking about a proposal for a conference in Louisiana in November (proposals due March 1).
  6. I'd like to get my grading done and back to my students in a timely manner.
  7. I'm preparing my lectures on the fly, usually the night before, which cannot be good for quality and depth, or something.
  8. I'm trying to be a good and attentive boyfriend, which I am discovering takes a lot of effort and a lot of time...but the benefits far outweigh the necessary investment.
  9. I'm also shepherding a student through the writing of a master's thesis due in the middle of March.
  10. I'm also (supposed to be) in touch with the folks at the other Nazarene Theological Seminary on a collaborative project.
Geesh! I never thought the life of a professor would be so busy. Every bit of it is better than withering to death in a bank teller window, but still...

2 comments:

Coachm said...

Well, the obvious answer is to quit sleeping!

Mitchel said...

Sleep is overrated anyway.