Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sixth emberary

Today, December 17, 2008, marks six months since I achieved "wheels down" in the Philippines. I can't really call it an "anniversary," because that word implies marking the passage of years, hence "anni-." But I could not find a definition for "emberary" on reference.com--suggestions for alternate spelling included:

embracery: an attempt to influence a judge or jury by corrupt means
embry- (variant of embyro-): before a vowel [hmmm]
ambery: of the color of amber
embarras: I do this enough to myself to know what it means.

Anyway, so it seems I have invented a word. Or maybe reference.com just is not aware of its use. I do not have much time to blog this morning, because responsibilities continue even on this day which probably only has significance for me. After all, it is just Wednesday, and Doctrine of Holiness class convenes in 50 minutes. This means I should sign off the computer and get ready for the day. But for some reason I don't want to. And I just spilled coffee on my shirt--another indication that this is a day like any other.

Till next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

urbandictionary has monthiversary. Hehe