Friday, August 15, 2008

Scriptures read for class devotions: Week 7

This week's Scriptures represent, I think, a turning of the corner in the practice/discipline I'm developing. For I decided at the last minute before Thursday's Pentateuch meeting to read the Hebrew of the Ten Commandments in Exodus. I was able to read more quickly than I have in the past, with the exception of passages with which I was already familiar for aloud reading. I had never read the Ten Commandments in Hebrew out loud until that time, and the ease with which it flowed convinces me that, by the grace of God, my skill is improving. As for the English translations, those are aided somewhat by the arrival of my parallel-column Hebrew/English Jewish Publication Society Tanakh. ;-) I don't feel as bad about cheating with the English.

Intro to Old Testament:
8/12 Deuteronomy 26:1-11
8/14 Psalm 117

Pentateuch
8/12 Exodus 15:1-18
8/14 Exodus 20:1-17

No comments: