Monday, June 1, 2009

Reading List: May 2009

I feel a little bad that my posting has dried up. Maybe I can rectify that in the near future, but most of my writing juices these days are sapped with the preparation of the two books to be released later this year. Anyway, here's what I read in May:

  1. James L. Crenshaw, Old Testament Wisdom: An Introduction
  2. James L. Kugel, The Great Poems of the Bible: A Reader's Companion with New Translations
  3. Thomas W. Overholt, Channels of Prophecy: The Social Dynamics of Prophetic Activity
  4. Brett W. Hawkins, Nashville Metro: The Politics of City-County Consolidation
  5. A. J. Jacobs, The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible
  6. Harvey H. Guthrie, Israel’s Sacred Songs: A Study of Dominant Themes

  7. George Steiner, After Babel: Aspects of Language and Translation

  8. Harald Lindström, Wesley and Sanctification (54 of 218 pages)

No comments: